Does Christ lives in You?

John  15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Christ is the son of God whom the father sent to die for all our sins through whom we have salvation and grace of God. 

Jesus came to this world in the human form, teaches us the ways of God, His will and purpose which serves as the pattern through which we can live our life till we meet Him again after rapture 

Though Christ ascended to heaven but His spirit, power   character and grace should still live in us,  without having Christ in us, there is no way we can have a relationship with the father. We may confess that Christ lives in us or we are truly connected with Him, but our heart may be far away from Him. 

At Antioch disciples were first called Christians because they exhibited the character of Christ, their nature of living is the true expression of the spirit of the living God. Acts  11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

You may be called a Christian but does Christ truly lives in you?
You are only seen as a follower of Christ but there is no true character of Christ in you, you appear goodly but there is no evidence of godly presets ... 

Matthew  15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Many claim they love Christ but their heart is far away from Him, they confess Christ to be Lord but their heart thinks evil everyday. They claim to be followers of Christ but they are still cleaved with the nature of sin and the works of the flesh. 

John  15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The branch regarded of itself, apart from (“except it abide in”) the vine, has no original source of life. The sap flows from the vine to branch and tendril and leaf and fruit. The branch of itself is a lifeless organ, and only fulfils its functions when it is connected with the vine. So in the spiritual life, men without Christ have no original source of life and fruitfulness. The true life flows from Him to every branch that abides in Him, quickening by its power the whole man, and making him fruitful in good. The man who lives without faith in God may be said to exist, rather than to live, and misses the true aim of his being.


Colossians  1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:  1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;  1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:  1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:  1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:  1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Apostle Paul  reiterates the need for every believer to work towards perfection in Christ, living through His teaching and walking in His righteousness and holiness daily. This will ensure our consistency in Christ who is our only source of life in God. 

Being a church goer is not an evidence you have Christ in you, being a worker in the house of God does not mean Christ lives  in you, consistent speaking in tongues does not mean Christ is rooted and built up in your heart.  You may be a preacher, a pastor, a prophet or even a general oversea and yet does not have Christ in you. 

Do you have the true character of Christ in you? 

Check your life and living today, so as not to live your whole life in darkness thinking you are in the light God. 

God bless you. 

Prayer key:

1. Lord, thank you for the blessing of today in Jesus Christ name 

2. Lord, have mercy on him, for I have gone far away from you in Jesus Christ name. 

3. Lord, help me to be in you through all the days of my life in Jesus Christ name.

4. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus Christ name. Amen.