Double check



John  21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Sometimes ago,  whenever it's time to sleep,  my Dad would ask if I had lock all the doors,  I would reply yes,  because I already did. 

But even when everyone is one bed,  my Dad would stand up,  and check again,  just to be very sure the doors were locked. 

Jesus asked Peter do you love me more than the time they enjoy together,  not once,  but three consecutive times,  and Peter replied yes. 

At some point,  God wanti us to double check our faith in  Him,  He wants us to double check our love for Him, 

Are we not  cleaved to Jesus only for the  good times,?

Have we not forsaken Him,  even when we thought we are still with Him? 

He said : He that thinks he stand,  should take heed lest he fall. 

Peter would have missed it all,  if not Jesus had prayed for him. 

This morning,  double check and check again. 

*The devil always look for a way for separate you from your saviour,  don't give him a chance.*

God bless you.