God works while we wait

Lamentations  3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

If we are going to be honest with ourselves, we all hate to wait. In fact, more often than not, we say something like, " I can't believe this is taking so long; it's costing me time I don't have!".

 That's because most of us consider waiting time to be wasting time. But it's not so with our God. Anytime you wait on God, He works, even when you can't see what He is doing.

God is always coordinating the events of the heavens and the earth to accomplish His purpose for the life of His children.

The word translated  "to wait," here in verse 5, properly signifies the extension of a chord from one point to another. This is a fine metaphor : God is one point, the human heart is the other; and the extended cord between both is the earnest believing desire of the soul.

This desire, strongly extended from the heart to God, in every mean of grace, and when there is none, is the active, energetic waiting which God requires   and which will be successful.

Most of us loath waiting. We'd rather be in the control, in the drivers seat, making moves, making things happen and getting results. Yet, God values waiting so much that it's one of the main tools He uses in our lives to get to our hearts and change  us from the inside out.

While Joseph was in the prison waiting for deliverance, God was already disturbing the king with the visions of what is about to happen, He made sure no one is able to interpret the dreams of the king until joseph was brought out of prison. 

For answers : for a mate, for a job, for a raise, for a baby, for business uplifting, divine healing etc, as you wait, remember that God Almighty is working on your behalf when you wait, He completes the rest.

Wait in the Lord no matter how long it may take.  Better to be delayed in the waiting room of God than regret rushing ahead of God.

God bless you.

Prayer key:

1. Lord, thank you for the blessing of today in Jesus Christ name.

2. Lord, give me the grace to wait on you no matter the circumstances I find myself in Jesus Christ name.

3. Lord, I am weary from my crying, my throat is dried, my eyes fail, whole I wait for in you, let me not be ashamed in Jesus Christ name.

4. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus Christ name.