The Stony heart

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 36:28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 36:29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

 A heart of stone represents a heart that is hardened, unyielding, and resistant to the things of God. It symbolises a heart that is callous towards God's commands and His loving presence. 

A stony heart is characterized by its inability to experience true intimacy with God. It prevents us from fully embracing His grace, mercy, and love. It inhibits our spiritual growth and hinders the transformation God desires for our lives.

Despite the Israelites' rebellion and their stony hearts, God, in His infinite love and mercy, makes an incredible promise. He declares that He will give them a new heart and put a new spirit within them. God longs to replace the hardness of their hearts with a heart of flesh, a heart that is sensitive, pliable, and receptive to His will.

The promise of a new heart is not limited to the Israelites of ancient times; it extends to each one of us today. Our gracious God desires to perform a similar transformation within our lives. He longs to remove the stony heart that separates us from Him and replace it with a heart filled with His Spirit. 

 In Ezekiel 36:27, God declares, "And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." A heart transformed by God's Spirit is not only softened but also empowered to live in obedience to His commandments. The new heart brings about a change in our desires, motives, and actions. It aligns us with God's will, enabling us to walk in righteousness and holiness.

When we allow God to transform our hearts, we experience a profound shift in our perspective. Love replaces hatred, forgiveness overcomes bitterness, and joy triumphs over sorrow. The transformed heart enables us to love our enemies, extend grace to others, and live lives that reflect the character of Christ.

Dear reader, the promise of a transformed heart is an invitation from God to experience His redemptive power in our lives. Just as He assured the Israelites, He assures us today that He can replace our stony hearts with hearts full of His Spirit.

Let us respond to this invitation by humbling ourselves before God, acknowledging our need for His transforming touch. Let us surrender our stony hearts to Him and invite Him to give us new hearts that beat in rhythm with His divine purpose. May we continually seek His presence, allowing His Spirit to guide, mold, and shape us into vessels of His love and grace.

Remember, in the transformation of our hearts, we witness the profound work of God, which not only impacts our lives but also serves as a testimony to those around us. May our transformed hearts become beacons of light, drawing others closer to the One who can transform their lives too.

God bless. 

Prayer key:

1. Lord, thank you for the blessing of today in Jesus Christ name 

2. Lord, take away a Stony heart from me and give me a heart of flesh in Jesus Christ name. 

3. Lord fill me with your spirit so my life can be an evidence of your divine nature in Jesus Christ name. 

4. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus Christ name. Amen.