God of great things

Psalms  26:1 Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.  26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.  26:3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.  26:4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.  26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.  26:6 I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:  26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.  26:8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.  26:9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:  26:10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.  26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.  26:12 My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD. 


The message today is to reflect on the greatness of our God, as illustrated through the words of Psalm 26. This psalm, written by David, is a prayer for divine vindication and a declaration of his integrity and faithfulness to God. Each verses of this Scriptural passage showcase the greatness of God which cannot be quantify by human understanding. Looking at each verses, we have.. 

1. The God Who Vindicates (Verses 1-3)
David begins the psalm with a bold plea: "Vindicate me, Lord, for I have led a blameless life." He confidently asks for God’s judgment because he trusts in God’s righteousness. This shows us that God is a just God, one who discerns the hearts of His people. David’s integrity and trust in God’s steadfast love remind us that God knows our hearts and is always there to defend the righteous.

2. The God of Unwavering Love (Verse 3):
"For your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth." Here, David acknowledges God’s enduring love and truth. Our God is not only just but also abounding in steadfast love. His love is a guiding light that helps us walk in truth. When we align our lives with His truth, we experience His greatness and faithfulness in every aspect of our lives.

3. The God Who Calls Us to Holiness (Verses 4-8)
David describes his commitment to avoiding deceit and hypocrisy: "I do not sit with the deceitful, nor do I associate with hypocrites." He is determined to maintain his purity by steering clear of evil. This call to holiness reflects God’s own holy nature. As followers of Christ, we are called to separate ourselves from sin and live lives that reflect God’s righteousness.

4. The God Who Receives Our Worship (Verses 6-8)
David expresses his love for the house of God: "Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells." Our God is a God who desires and delights in our worship. When we come before Him with clean hands and pure hearts, we can experience His presence in a great and marvelous way. Worshiping God is a response to His greatness, acknowledging His glory and majesty.

5. The God Who Rescues and Redeems (Verses 9-11)
David prays for protection from evildoers and for his own redemption: "Do not take away my soul along with sinners." Our God is a Redeemer who rescues us from the snares of sin and death. He offers salvation and the hope of eternal life to those who seek Him. This is the ultimate expression of His greatness – His power to save and transform lives.

6. The God of Steadfast Confidence (Verse 12)
"My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the Lord." David ends the psalm with a declaration of confidence and praise. Because of God’s greatness, he can stand firm and secure. This assurance allows him to publicly declare God’s praises. When we recognize the greatness of our God, we too can stand firm in our faith and confidently share His goodness with others.

I conclusion, our God is indeed a God of great things. He vindicates the righteous, abounds in steadfast love, calls us to holiness, receives our worship, rescues and redeems us, and gives us unwavering confidence. May we, like David, live lives of integrity, walk in His truth, and continually praise Him for His greatness. Let us commit ourselves to this great God, knowing that He is always faithful and just.

God bless you. 

Prayer key:

1. Lord, thank you for the blessing of tour word today in Jesus Christ name. 

2. Lord, help me to live in integrity, and walk in your truth all my life in Jesus Christ name. 

3. Lord, grant me the grace never to depart from your will in Jesus Christ name. 

4. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus Christ name. Amen.