Who are you living for?

John  6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.  6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus reveals the essence of his mission on earth – to fulfill the will of his Father in heaven. But beyond this, he presents a  principle for all humanity: the importance of aligning our lives with a higher purpose, of living not for ourselves, but for something greater.

Many are times  we find ourselves consumed by the desires of the flesh, the pursuit of worldly success, or the fleeting pleasures of this life. We become ensnared in the pursuit of personal ambitions and temporary gratifications, losing sight of the greater calling that beckons us.

Yet, Jesus offers us a different path – a path of selflessness, of surrendering our will to the divine will. He shows us that true fulfillment is found not in the accumulation of wealth or status, but in serving others, in loving sacrificially, and in seeking the will of our Creator.

So, I ask you again: Who are you living for? Are you living for yourself, seeking only your own comfort and pleasure? Or are you living for a higher purpose, surrendering your will to God  and seeking to fulfill the greater good?

As we ponder these questions, let us remember the example set before us by Jesus Christ. Let us strive to emulate his selflessness, his humility, and his unwavering commitment to doing the will of his Father.

May we each find the courage to surrender our own desires and ambitions, and to embrace the divine purpose for which we were created. And may we, like Jesus, live our lives not for ourselves, but for the glory of God and the service of others.

God bless you.

Prayer key:

1. Lord, thank you for the blessing of your word today in Jesus Christ name.

2. Lord, grant me the grace to live for you all my life in Jesus Christ name.

3. Lord, help me to be a blessing to others around me, in Humility and Sacrifice in Jesus Christ name.

4. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in Jesus Christ name. Amen.