Contentment




Philippians  4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Everyday we desire a better life,  a better house,  a better job,  a better qualification,  much more fat bank account etc...

But sadly enough when we have things we desire another quest began,  another desire to have more the moment we see others who have what we have or more than us.

Then I  begin by asking this question,  can we ever be satisfied?.  Yes.  Contentment.

Paul, the apostle, wrote, "I don't say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am" (Phil. 4:11). How could he make such a bold statement? Because he knew that contentment lies not in what he has, but in whose he is.

Contentment is the secret of inward peace. It remembers the stark truth that we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it.

Life, in fact, is a pilgrimage from one moment of nakedness to another. So we should travel light and live simply. Our enemy is not possessions, but excess. Our battle cry is not 'Nothing!' but 'Enough!' We've got enough.

Simplicity says, if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."

For the Christian: Contentment knows that if we have Jesus we have enough.

Contentment comes when we can honestly say with the apostle Paul, "I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret [of being content] - whether well-fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need.
I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:12-13). 

If you chase money,  wealth,  education,  etc,  you can never have enough,  and never be content with what you have... 

But when you chase God,  you will have enough and be content... Because God will surely give you what you need at when you need them.

Be content... Its one of the greatest virtue a man can have. You will not take anything to the grave. 

God bless you.